PRUE HALLIWEL ::: OBSERVER OF LIFE

i don't want to get to the end of my life and find that i have just lived the length of it... i want to also have lived the width of it as well... smiling when the sun rises... dreaming until the sun hides... but for now, i'm letting go... and this goodbye isn't just a new start... it confirms my submission to waiting... while searching...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PRUE SAYS...

Photobucket

Sunday, December 9, 2007

random rambling on love and happiness...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

today, a friend asked me through text message if i would trade love for happiness... it took me a while to reply because honestly, i didn't quite get her drift... where is she coming from... where is this leading to... and ultimately, it appears to me that we hold different meanings to love and happiness... love with happiness.... and happiness with love...

hey friend, like you said... i'll have to be truthful... my most practical sentiment... well, if that's the case... this is a very easy question... i won't... in fact, it's a far out question...

i will never trade love for happiness... and to begin with, i really will never be happy in life without love... like i always say, love provides me strangth in life just as it is my weakness... my love and my happiness goes together... i can only be happy when there's love in my life... in every sense of the word... which is why you lost me in confusion... because i just can't imagine, how can one person be happy if he gives up love...

but I think the points covered were extremely interesting... even in sex, it is practically my heart that decides and chooses who i do it with... when to do it... how to do it... and all is driven by love... okay... wait... don't get me wrong... i am not portraying myself as the virginal sublime guy... i've had my share of the play and the flirts but... but... what i'm saying is, if it's happiness we're talking about, the best encounters that count for happiness is always made out with love... the rest, which is very few (hahaha!), is nothing but passing forgettable nights... a generous provision of outlet and release for those deprived of a romantic partner... whatever prue... whatever...

to me, one of the most exciting, happy, and important parts of life is falling in love... and this is something i always truly look forward to... even in failed relationships, there's still wisdom to be learned... after all, if i do not experience pain and sadness, how can i truly know the feeling of happiness?

if someone takes away my ability to fall in love, or prevented me from experiencing pain, my life, in all honesty, will become pointless... it is just tantamount to being deprived to feel happiness in the end...

and with this in mind, i will now go back to the question of trading love for happiness... i believe they co-exist so much that it is impossible to take the other way and experience another... thus, this seems like an unfair question that is not feasible... at least, not with me...

hey friend, i don't know any better than anyone... perhaps, i am not even better than you... and that isn't the rationale at all... it is just that i feel strongly this way because it is the only thing acceptable for me... all depends on how you define your happiness... and the role love plays in your life...

here's a sidelight... you just made me realize once again how fortunate i am to experience failure... to feel pain... to be won over by anger at times... to be given the chance to wallow in shame and sadness... it makes me appreciate my life now... and the happiness i have...

are you confused yourself? or you really believe there can be happiness without love?

be guided... i pray you are...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My photo
My life is not extra-ordinary but it has stories to tell...

THESE ARE THE MOMENTS!!!