PRUE HALLIWEL ::: OBSERVER OF LIFE

i don't want to get to the end of my life and find that i have just lived the length of it... i want to also have lived the width of it as well... smiling when the sun rises... dreaming until the sun hides... but for now, i'm letting go... and this goodbye isn't just a new start... it confirms my submission to waiting... while searching...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PRUE SAYS...

Photobucket

Tuesday, November 6, 2007

barefoot in the park...

corie: I don't know what he wants... I don't know how to make him happy... What am I going to do, Mother?

ethel: That's the first time you've asked my advice since you're 10... It's really very simple... All you have to do is give up a little bit of you for him... Don't make everything a game... just late at night in that little room upstairs, take care of him... Make him feel important... If you can do that, you'll have a happy and wonderful marriage like 2 out of every 10 couples... You'll be one of the two, baby.

wow... even after, hmmmm... when was the last time i watched Barefoot in the Park? say... when i was still in college...? i am not fond of old movies but this romantic comedy film of robert redford and jane fonda is one of the very few i've loved... and even up to now, it still is a valentine treat...

corie (fonda) and paul's (redford) romanticism narrates the woes borne from a newly wed's puppy love but corie, being the frivolous spirit and paul, as the 'stuffed shirt', discovers early in their married life that to make it work, they both just have to compromise with each other... just like what corie's wry but well-meaning mother said, 'give up a little bit of you...'

corie: Paul! Aah! You're going to kill yourself! Come down!

paul: No, I want to be a nut just like everybody else in this building!

corie: No, I don't want you to be a nut... Come down.

paul: No... Not until you've said it again, loud and clear.

corie: Anything, Paul, anything.

paul: My husband...

corie: My husband...

paul: Ah-choo! Paul Bratter...

corie Paul Bratter...

paul: rising young attorney...

corie: rising young attorney...

paul: is a lousy, stinking drunk...

corie: Is a lousy, stinking drunk... and I love him.

paul: I love you, too, Corie... Even when I didn't like you, I loved you.



woohoo... some shit... forgive me for being queer... but i think i'm a corie... hahaha!

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My photo
My life is not extra-ordinary but it has stories to tell...

THESE ARE THE MOMENTS!!!