PRUE HALLIWEL ::: OBSERVER OF LIFE

i don't want to get to the end of my life and find that i have just lived the length of it... i want to also have lived the width of it as well... smiling when the sun rises... dreaming until the sun hides... but for now, i'm letting go... and this goodbye isn't just a new start... it confirms my submission to waiting... while searching...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

PRUE SAYS...

Photobucket

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

in love with camiguin island...

HAVE TIME FOR YOURSELF... it has been so long since i had one and i'd say, my odyssey to camiguin will be written off as one of those 'best five days of my life'...

but i'll throw in the headlines for the meantime while i wash off my vacation hangover... let my bugshots treat you to an eyeful of natural wonders and historical riches...

such as the white island... where the sandbar is immaculately or radiantly white my pictures are washed out...



katibawasan falls...


and 30 minutes off the island's coastline is another white island... Mantigue...


the natives of Sagay town flaunts of resourcefulness and ingenuity with their almost 200 year old Sto. Rosario church... the chandeliers were actually made from twigs...



and since the caretaker of the Corrales centennial house was away... i can only marvel from outside...

and one hour away from Mambajao, the town capital of the island, is the Sunken Cemetery's Cross landmark...

the sun was about to rest when we reached the Sunken Cemetery... and what i witnessed took my breathe away...


now, being there at that moment really gave me the quivers...

the island born of fire provided me not only the chance to stay away from the city hustle and bustle... but also the moment for contemplation... realizing how life can be simple and yet, be locked in joy...

i am glad the island embraced me...

P.S.

just an initial salvo on my camiguin get-away...

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket
My photo
My life is not extra-ordinary but it has stories to tell...

THESE ARE THE MOMENTS!!!